How Much Car Insurance Do You Need?

When you drive in Texas, you need a number of different auto coverage types in order to be well-protected against accidents and the bills they can generate. There are a few types that are required by the state, and there are others that aren’t required but that offer good protection in case of an accident. If you need auto insurance in the state, give us a call at D&B Insurance Solutions in Dallas, TX.

Required Insurance Types

In Texas, both property damage liability and bodily injury liability are required by the state. Both of these coverages come with their own minimum amounts. These amounts are relatively low, and it can be helpful to get more coverage than the state requires. For property damage liability requirements, there is a set minimum amount that is set by the state. For bodily injury liability, there are two amounts required. The first is a set minimum amount for one person who is injured. The second amount is a set minimum for two or more people who were injured and have medical bills. 

Automatic Auto Insurance Coverage

While those two types of coverage are mandated by the state, there are two other types of coverage that will appear on your auto policy, but they aren’t required by law. These two coverage types appear automatically on your auto policy, but you don’t have to keep them. While it’s recommended that you leave them on your insurance, you can ask in writing that they be canceled, and they will be. 

These types of coverage are uninsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection. Uninsured motorist is exactly what it sounds like- it can pay your medical bills if the person who caused the accident doesn’t have insurance. Personal injury protection pays for your medical bills when the other person’s insurance doesn’t. 

Get the Insurance You Need

Call us at D&B Insurance Solutions in Dallas, TX to get the insurance that you need to stay legal in Texas.