Auto Insurance Requirements in Texas

If you are a driver in Texas, there are certain types of insurance that you are required to have to prove that you can be financially responsible for an accident. There are two different types of auto coverage that Texas drivers need to have in their auto insurance. If you need auto insurance, call us at D&B Insurance Solutions in Dallas, TX to find out more. 

Bodily Injury Coverage

This form of liability coverage covers other people who are injured in an accident that you caused. This coverage must include at least a set minimum amount of coverage for one person who is injured in the accident. Then, you must have at least a different minimum amount for everyone in the accident who was injured. This coverage doesn’t cover you for any injuries that you may have. And, the state has relatively low amounts of bodily injury liability required, so it’s often recommended that you get more than is required by the state. 

Property Damage Coverage

Texas drivers must have at least a set minimum amount for property damage that happens as a result of an accident that you cause. This does not pay for your own property damage. There is other coverage that you can get that would pay for that damage, though it is not required. The property damage liability amount required, as the bodily injury coverage, is too low for many serious accidents. It’s a good idea to get more than is required. 

Optional Coverage

Getting collision coverage would pay for the damages done to your own vehicle in an accident that you caused. Getting comprehensive insurance covers your vehicle for a number of risks that can occur when you aren’t driving it. 

Get Covered

If you need auto coverage in Dallas, TX, give us a call at D&B Insurance Solutions.