How is my RV policy different from my auto insurance policy?

Because of the mild weather and many RV parks, many people in Arlington, TX enjoy the use of an RV. It is important to know, though, how insurance protects you when you are using your RV.

Unlike the auto insurance policy you may have through State Insurance Solutions, an RV insurance policy may not be required by law. If you are driving a towable RV, you can have your RV covered under your auto policy. If your RV breaks loose and damages someone else’s property, you will be covered. Talk to your agent, though, and make sure you have enough coverage.

You will need an RV policy if it is driveable, if you are renting it, or if you have a loan out. Your lender will demand your RV be insured to protect the collateral on the loan. You can also get different insurance based on how often you use your RV. If you live in it, you can get full-timers insurance; if you live in it part-time you may be able to get campsite-liability insurance. You may be able to suspend your policy if you put your RV into storage for an extended period of time.

RV insurance is also different because you will probably need a higher liability threshold. This is because your RV usually costs more, and has more personal belongings in it if you live there. Your liability limit may also be higher because your RV is so large that it could potentially cause much more damage than a small personal vehicle. 

If you have any questions about how much coverage you need to protect your RV in Arlington, TX, call our agents at  State Insurance Solutions and we can help you compare RV policies.