Recent Rainstorms have Flooded and Damaged my Basement. Is There any Coverage Under my Homeowner’s Policy in Dallas, TX?

When a rain storm causes damage to your property in Dallas, Texas, you may or may not be coveredfor the situation. A homeowner does not always have coverage built into a current insurance policy, so it may be necessary to consider flood insurance to protect your home.

Basic Insurance

In many cases, a homeowner’s policy will not provide any protection against flooding in your basement if it is related to a rain storm, a rising river or any similar natural situation. Although every insurance policy will vary, many basic homeowners’ plans do not include flooding.

If your basement is damaged from a flood, then it may be necessary to use flood insurance to pay for the damages. Do not assume that your homeowner’s plan will have any coverage for flooding. In many cases, it will only cover floods that are associated with broken pipes or similar situations.

Flood Coverage

You many need a separate insurance policy to address any flooding that occurs in your home. If you purchase a separate policy for the potential flooding, then your home will be covered against damages from a rain storm, rising rivers or any other similar situation.

The coverage is designed to address one potential problem: damages from flooding. It will pay for any water damage and will ensure that you are not paying the full cost of repairs and replacement out-of-pocket.

Although a basic policy for your house may offer coverage for a variety of situations, it is possible that you may not have protection against storms and flooding built into your basic plan. Contact us to talk to an independent agent to learn more about your policy options and protecting your house from flooding.

I’ve Purchased an Expensive Bicycle. Will my Homeowner’s or Renter’s Insurance Cover it in Arlington, TX?

Purchasing an expensive bicycle is exciting, but you may need to contact your home insurance company or your renter’s insurance company in Arlington, Texas to ensure that it is covered under your policy. After you’ve purchased the bike, you may discover that your current policy is not appropriate for your needs or that you may need to obtain additional coverage for your new bicycle.

Coverage for Personal Belongings

A homeowner and a renter have basic coverage for personal belongings in a policy. That means that the company will pay for damages or a theft that causes the loss of your belongings, but it does not always mean that you have a large amount of coverage.

Read your policy to determine how much coverage is available for personal belongings. If your new bicycle exceeds the coverage amount that is available, then you may need additional protection for the bike.

Protecting Your Purchase

If your home insurance or your renter’s policy is not enough to protect your bike, then you may want to purchase a policy that is specifically designed to protect your expensive bicycle. A specific policy for a bike or adding protection to your home policy may be appropriate. Contact your insurer to determine if they will add the bike to your policy as a separate item. If they will not, then you may need to look for a new policy through a different insurer to protect your bike.

Although your homeowner’s policy or renter’s policy may offer some protection for personal belongings, it may not always be enough for your expensive belongings. In some cases, you may need additional protection for an expensive bike. Contact us to talk to an independent agent for more details about policy options.

Do I need to alert my auto insurance agent when I move Ft. Worth, Arlington, TX to other state?

When you first get the right kind of auto insurance policy for your car there are several things that you must give your agent in order to protect yourself. Some things that you might have to give your agent include coverage types, address, car information and many other details. So the question comes up what to do when you move to another state. Here are some things that you will want to know about insurance when moving to another state.

What You Will Need to Do With Your Auto Insurance When Moving to another State

· When you move to another state you will need to alert your insurance agent. What your agent will decide is whether or not he will be able to write your new policy. If he is not able to write the policy, then he may suggest an agent that can.

· You will need to find an address to use for your new policy as soon as possible. Your new agent will need to know where the car will be parked at on a regular basis.

· You will need to also give your VIN to your agent in order to get the quote and eventually the new car insurance policy.

· If you move in the middle of your current policy term, then you can expect to get a part of the premium refunded to you assuming your policy is paid up.

Whether you live in Ft. Worth, New Mexico, Arlington, El Paso or Dallas, Texas there is a good chance that you will need to contact your independent agent. Your agent will be able to get you the coverage that you need for your home. To put us to work for you give us a call now and we can begin the process.

Accident With a Borrowed Car in Dallas, Texas: Whose Policy Pays?

Borrowing a vehicle can seem like an appropriate solution when your car is not available, but it may complicate the situation if you are involved in an accident in that borrowed car. When you borrow a car in Dallas, Texas, the auto insurance policy that pays for the damages will usually be paid by the owner of the vehicle.

Consent to Pay

When you borrow a vehicle, the owner of the car is allowing you to take their vehicle and use it throughout the day. That means that the owner is also shouldering the responsibility for any accident that takes place because he or she is allowing you to use the car.

In many cases, the individual whose policy will pay for the damages to the other party is the owner of the vehicle.

Limited Coverage

If the owner of the vehicle does not have enough coverage to pay for the damages, then any additional expenses may fall to the driver of the vehicle. For example, if the insurance pays $10,000 and the total cost of damages was $12,000, then you may be responsible to pay for the additional $2,000.

Since every insurance policy is different, it is important to review the details of any policy before you make a claim. In some situations, the insurer may refuse to pay for the damages when a car is borrowed because an exception or a clause in the policy may apply to the situation. Depending on the situation, you may be responsible for the damages after you borrow a vehicle.

Borrowing a vehicle can seem like a smart idea, but it is usually best to review the auto policy before you take the car out to avoid any complications if an accident occurs. Contact us to talk to an independent agent to learn more about your coverage options.